7th Reconfigurable Architectures Workshop (RAW 2000)
1 May 2000, Cancun, Mexico
Main focus of the Workshop:
Run Time Reconfiguration - Foundations, Algorithms, Tools.
Technological advances in the field of fast reconfigurable devices have
created new possibilities for the implementation and use of complex systems.
Reconfiguration at runtime is one new dimension in computing that blurs
the barriers between hardware and software components. Neither the existing
processor architectures nor the hardware/software design tools which are
available today can fully exploit the possibilities offered by this new
computing paradigm. The fast pace of technological development in industry
is leaving no time to develop the necessary theoretical foundation that
underpins CAD tools, operating systems, and designs. The potential of run
time reconfiguration can be achieved through the appropriate combination
of knowledge about foundations of dynamic reconfiguration, the various
different models of reconfigurable computing, efficient algorithms, and
the tools to support the design of run time reconfigurable systems and
implementation of efficient algorithms. RAW 2000 is planned to provide
the interaction between these diciplines.
Topics of Interest
Authors are invited to submit
manuscripts of original unpublished research in all areas of reconfigurable
computing (devices, systems, algorithms, software tools, and applications).
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
+ Reconfigurable Computing + Programmable Logic Devices and Systems
- Models - Reconfigurable Systems Architectures
- Algorithms and Complexity - Implementations
- Fault Tolerance Issues - Mobile Circuitry
- Configurable Resource Management - Adaptable Systems
- Evolvable Hardware
+ Development Tools and Methods + Applications
- High-level Development Support - Mapping of Parallel Algorithms
- Compilation Techniques - Signal and Image Processing
- CAD Tools - Wireless and Distributed Systems
- Arithmetic/Geometric/Graph Algorithms
- Support for Virtual Machines
- Industrial Applications & Experiences
- Manuscript due October 22, 1999.
- Deadline extension to October 31, 1999.
- Notification of acceptance/rejection due December 15, 1999.
- Final version due January 15, 2000.
RAW 2000 home page